Each trainee is paired with 1 or 2 mentor(s) to help them progress through the program curriculum, develop relevant skills to secure and maintain employment, and set career goals. Each program cycle is 13 weeks. The program consists of a 2.5 hour meeting one day a week at a corporate site with consistent weekly check-ins between meeting days. Once the 13 week program is complete trainees and mentors continue to work together for 9 months through check-ins twice a month.
Requirements to Become a Trainee
How Do I Apply
StreetWise Partners trainee application process:
1. Register for a trainee information session.
To register for a trainee information session in NY click here.
To register for a trainee information session in DC click here.
2. Complete the online application.
To complete the application for NY click here.
To complete the application for DC click here.
3. If qualified, you will be invited to attend an in-person interview.
4. During the interview, you will complete a matching form to learn more about the type of mentor you would like to work with. You may also be asked to complete a computer test
5. Staff will notify you of your application decision via email. If accepted, make sure to confirm your attendance.