Each trainee is paired with 1 or 2 mentor(s) to help them progress through the program curriculum, develop relevant skills to secure and maintain employment, and set career goals. Each program cycle is 13 weeks. The program consists of a 2.5 hour meeting one day a week at a corporate site with consistent weekly check-ins between meeting days. Once the 13 week program is complete trainees and mentors continue to work together for 9 months through check-ins twice a month.
Requirements to Become a Trainee
How Do I Apply
StreetWise Partners trainee application process:
1. Register for a trainee information session
2. Complete the online application
3. If qualified, you will be invited to attend an in-person interview.
4. During the interview, you will complete a matching form to learn more about the type of mentor you would like to work with. You may also be asked to complete a computer test
5. Staff will notify you of your application decision via email. If accepted, make sure to confirm your attendance.