Director of Development and Communications
Full Time | New York, NY
Reporting To: Executive Director
StreetWise Partners is a non-profit organization seeking an entrepreneurial and experienced fundraiser to serve as its full-time Director of Development and Communications. This is a senior level position that works closely with the Executive Director, Chief Program Officer and Director of Strategic Partnerships to support a fundraising strategy with a focus on events management, data systems and analysis, stewardship planning and execution, marketing and communications and grant writing/grants management. This position reports to the Executive Director and works out of the New York City office.
StreetWise is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and encourages minorities and members of underrepresented communities to apply.
- Partner with the Executive Director and Director of Strategic Partnerships to design and implement a private fundraising strategy to support an annual budget of $2m and a strategic growth plan of $4m.
- Manage Development Coordinator and Development Assistant; oversee fundraising efforts across three cities.
- Coordinate 2-3 annual fundraising events including a corporate breakfast and poker tournament; manage timelines, logistics, donor engagement, promotions, communications budget and Board involvement.
- Create and drive organization-wide communications strategy across multiple audiences and platforms. Coordinate marketing materials for various teams and manage copy harmony and brand identity. Oversee social media, website, newsletter and public relations/press releases; draft unique and compelling content to engage existing and new audiences.
- Manage and advance foundation relationships; maintain grant submission calendar and work with Executive Director to develop proposal strategy; prepare proposals with supporting documents and maintain ongoing correspondences (including acknowledgements and site visit coordination) with funders.
- Create and implement annual appeal strategy. Coordinate ongoing research to expand individual and institutional funding base; analyze current donor base and identify opportunities for major gifts and new prospects among volunteers, donors, board members, volunteers, and alumni.
- Develop creative stewardship plans for major donors; draft annual report and engaging content to show appreciation and ensure connection to the mission.
- Oversee development department infrastructure, including maintaining and tracking donor records, processing gifts, and acknowledging donors. Supervise the Development Assistant to maintain and update database, process gifts, and generate regular income reports.
- Work closely with the outsourced bookkeeper to track revenue restrictions and assist with the annual audit.
- Collaborate with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to increase corporate funding; design marketing materials and cases for support.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in non-profit fundraising and communications.
- Strong commitment to social justice and racial equity.
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written organizational and communication/presentation skills.
- Superior ability to think strategically and manage multiple projects, with keen attention to detail.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and data management systems (Salesforce and Classy experience a plus).
- Prior experience with physical and virtual event coordination and planning.
- Highly self-motivated with strong leadership and management skills.
- Writing samples will be requested for candidates advancing to final round
- Comprehensive benefits package including 100% coverage for individuals.
- 5 weeks paid vacation.
- Flexible work hours, select summer Fridays off and remote working opportunities post-COVID.
Please send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements to Shari Krull at email@example.com with Director of Development and Communications in the subject line. No phone calls please. We will contact only those applicants with whom we plan to set up an interview.
StreetWise Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value and welcome diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage all qualified persons to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.