Manager of Program and Alumni Services
Full Time | New York, NY
Reporting To: New York Program Director
The Manager of Program and Alumni Services position is an exciting role that is entrepreneurial and multi-faceted. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working on multiple projects at once and who brings creativity and energy to their work.
The Manager of Program and Alumni Services will serve as the lead for alumni services in the New York City region including but not limited to creating and maintaining strong relationships with alumni, connecting alumni to job and internship opportunities, collaborating with mentors to ensure alumni are interview ready, supporting alumni through the interview process, collecting alumni outcomes data and organizing alumni events. The Manager will be responsible for facilitating two StreetWise Partners mentoring programs annually. This includes matching mentors and mentees, facilitating weekly workshops for mentoring pairs and supporting relationship development. Additionally, the Manager of Program and Alumni Services will implement workshops for 1,000+ StreetWise Partners’ alumni to assist their on-going professional development needs.
- Execute a comprehensive strategy to keep alumni engaged and connected to employment opportunities.
- Identify employment opportunities, maintain a portfolio of updated resumes and collaborate with mentors to ensure alumni are prepared for interviews.
- Continue to follow-up with and prepare alumni throughout the interview process.
- Manage a diverse offering of alumni support services including, but not limited to, the creation and distribution of weekly alumni emails; scheduling and/or administering workshops, networking events, and social events; creating and maintaining an alumni directory; and collecting alumni updates and success stories.
- Participate in the process of collecting alumni data at the end of program, 6 months and one year after graduation; distribute surveys, perform alumni phone calls, and conduct LinkedIn research.
- Upload alumni data into SalesForce and ensure data integrity.
- Assist in providing task supervision for program interns; train them on the alumni services strategy and mentee data collection process.
- Facilitate two workforce development mentoring programs each year consisting of weekly mentoring workshops with mentees and mentors in a group setting virtually and at various corporate sites when NYC offices reopen.
- Ensure successful implementation of the program curriculum, provide lead volunteers guidance on program facilitation: problem solve program issues with mentee/mentor pairs; monitor participant compliance with program standards; identify mentee needs and provide support; offer feedback on program deliverables.
- Participate in the mentor-mentee matching process for 300 mentoring pairs each year; assist in developing strategies to create strong matches based on industry, demographics, communication style and personality traits.
- Advise on curriculum updates and volunteer trainings based on program feedback and discussion.
- Collaborate with colleagues to share on lessons learned, creative ideas for problem solving, best practices and how to continuously improve service delivery.
- Represent the organization with integrity and enthusiasm at events and conferences.
- Develop and implement innovative ideas for alumni services and job placement.
- Bring creativity and curiosity to the job.
- Provide supervisor with regular progress reports and updates on all projects.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years working in social services; experience in workforce development a plus.
- Committed to social justice and racial equity.
- Strong communication and project management skills.
- Strong public speaking skills.
- Committed to building communities and making meaningful connections
- Knowledge of Salesforce or another database a plus.
- Ability to work two evenings a week.
- Comprehensive benefits package including 100% coverage for individuals.
- 5 weeks paid vacation.
- Flexible hours, 4 Summer Fridays and options for working remotely.
Please send a cover letter and resume to David Font at firstname.lastname@example.org with Manager of Program and Alumni Services in the subject line. No calls please.
StreetWise Partners is an equal opportunity employer. We value and welcome diversity in the workplace and strongly encourage all qualified persons to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
For more information about StreetWisePartners please visit: www.streetwisepartners.org